Below is a list of current needs within the adoption/foster care community as of 06/22/17
If you can help with any of these needs, or have needs of your own, please contact Kristin@kafcam.org or the person listed below.
- Knox County DCS is looking for a free meeting space for 50-60 people for training their foster parent support staff. This is a quarterly training. One day 8:30-4:30. They would need a room, tables, chairs, and screen. They will bring their own projector. Contact Jennifer.Stamper@tn.gov
- Leigh Anne Goldsteine and the “Built to Bond Attachment Institute” offer a nine-hour training series, complete with certificate of participation, to help bridge the gap between our call to foster/adopt and equipping us to do so effectively.She is looking for host churches to offer this training to our adoptive and foster community in Knoxville. See complete proposal. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Safe Families for Children (SFFC) is working with Great Starts (a local drug and alcohol rehab program for pregnant and parenting moms). SFFC is hosting a bible study at Fellowship’s main campus for these moms. It is on Tuesday evenings from 4-6:30 and they are in need of childcare. We need people who are safe trained through the church childcare program willing to help with childcare at the main campus. Please contact email@example.com if you are interested in learning more about this volunteer opportunity.
- “Journey Bag” Coordinator for “The Forgotten Initiative”- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cribs and beds (twin, bunk, full) for foster youth -Contact 865) 719-1265 call/text or email@example.com
- New back packs for foster youth. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org